Seaweed is widely used as a food and health product. Not only that, this plant is also used for food, fertilizer, food additives, pollution control and beauty ingredients. The purpose of the research is to increase processed seaweed products into fish / livestock feed in environmentally friendly coastal communities. The method used in this study is a financial analysis approach to calculate the added value of fish / livestock food feed. The research population is Sidoarjo Regency. The research sample was focused on grass-based fish / livestock food product business units in coastal communities in Sidoarjo Regency.The results showed that seaweed if processed into food for fish / livestock food will bring much higher profits than selling it directly without being processed and the results of this effort can improve the family economy.
Keywords: Seaweed, Products, Community, Economy Family
- Aslan, M. 1998. Seaweed Cultivation. Yogyakarta: Kanisius.
- Anggadiredja, J. T., A. Zatnika, H. Purwoto and S. Istini. 2006. Seaweed. Print I. Jakarta: Self-help Publishers
- Anonymous. 1992. Cultivation, Processing and Marketing of Seaweed. Self Help Spreader. Jakarta.
- Anonymous, 2006. http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2005/oct/03/yehey/business/
- bus11.html (November 24, 2006).
- Aljufrizal. (2007). Thesis Determination of Suitability of Seaweed Cultivation Areas in South Lampung Regency, Lampung Province with Geographic Information System. Bogor: Bogor Agricultural Institute
- Bardach, J.E., Ryther, J.H., and McLarney W.O. (1971). Aquaculture The Farming and Husbandry of Freshwater and Marine Organisms. New York: John Wiley & Sons
- Chapman. V.J. & Chapman D.J. 1980 Seaweeds and their uses. 3rd ed. Chapman and Hall Ltd., London
- Channa, T., & Sulistyaningrum, T. W. (2016). Effect of Seaweed Addition (Eucheuma cottonii) on the Processing of Fishstick Toman Fish (Channa microplates) on the Processing of, Seaweed (Eucheuma cottony) on the Processing of, 5 (2), 57–63.
- Djamali, R.A. (2000). Farm Business Management. Jakarta: Ministry of National Education
- Ernani Hadiyati. (2009). Study of Entrepreneurship Marketing Approach and Small Business Sales Performance. Journal of Management and Entrepreneurship, 11 (2), pp. 183-192. Retrieved from http://puslit2.petra.ac.id/ejournal/index.php/man/article/view/17975
- Hapsari, H., Djuwendah, E., & Karyani, T. (2008). Increased Added Value and Strategy for Manonjaya Salak Processing Business Development. Journal of Biological Sciences, 6 (1), 208–215. https://doi.org/10.1108/00346651311327927Harini, C., & Yulianeu, Y. (2018).
- The penetration strategy of the UMKM market in the city of Semarang faces the era of the global MEA market. Journal of Economics and Business, 21 (2), 361–381. https://doi.org/10.24914/jeb.v21i2.1967
- Horhoruw, W. M. (2009). Effect of the use of seaweed. Animal Husbandry Bulletin, 33 (1), 8-16.
- Hutabarat, S. and Evans, S. (1985). Introduction to Oceanography. Depok: University of Indonesia Press
- Ibrahim, N. H., & Saili, A. R. (2017). Assessment of Entrepreneurial Inclination among Seaweed Operators at Semporna, Sabah Using EAO Model. Journal of International Business, Economics and Entrepreneurship, 2 (1), 57–66.
- Jones, R., & Rowley, J. (2011). Entrepreneurial marketing in small businesses: A conceptual exploration. International Small Business Journal, 29 (1), 25–36.
- Fisheries of the Republic of Indonesia Number Kep. 32 / Men / 2010 concerning Determination of Minneapolitan Areas
- Decision of Sidoarjo Regent No. 188/34 / 404.1.3.2 / 2012 concerning Determination of the Minneapolitan Region in Sidoarjo Regency
- Sidoarjo Regent Decree Number: 188/1641 / 404.1.3.2 / 2010 Concerning the Center for Agropolitan and Minapolitan Regions in Sidoarjo Regency. Sidoarjo, Regent of Sidoarjo
- Kurniawarman. (2000). Thesis Evaluation of Aquatic Environment for Seaweed Cultivation (Euchema Sp) on Labuan Kuris and Labuan Terata Waters of Saleh Bay, Sumbawa. Jogjakarta: Gajah Mada University
- Kocak, A., & Abimbola, T. (2009). The effects of entrepreneurial marketing on born global performance. International Marketing Review, 26 (4), 439–452. https://doi.org/10.1108/02651330910971977
- Kristiyanti, M. (2012). The Strategic Role of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in National Development. Informatic Scientific Magazine, Vol 3 (1), 63–89.
- Kuntjoradi, W., & Safitri, N. (2009). Analysis of Competing Strategies in Commercial Aviation Business Competition. Business & Bureaucracy, Journal of Administrative and Organizational Sciences, 16 (1), 45–52. Retrieved from http://journal.ui.ac.id/index.php/jbb/article/viewFile/603/588
- Report of the East Java Province Fisheries Service in 2013
- Report from the Sidoarjo Regency Fisheries Service for 2011-2014
- Mubarak, H. (1991). Potential of Indonesian Coconinoite Production. Preceding the Scientific Work Meeting. Seaweed Harvest Post Technology. Jakarta: Indonesian Ministry of Agriculture.
- Nontji, A. (1993). Nusantara Sea. Jakarta: Djambat Publisher
- Nybaken, J. (1992). Marine Biology, an Ecological Approach. Jakarta: PT Gramedia Main Library
- Niode, I. Y., & Mopangga, H. (2014). Strengthening the production and management of Gorontalo fish corn stick business.